ORGAN & TISSUE DONATION
SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
SIGN OUR GUESTBOOK
BECOME A MEMBER
- Aetna US Healthcare – Aetna U.S. Healthcare is a leading provider of health care, dental, vision, pharmacy, group life, disability and long term care benefits.
- The Dreyfus Corporation – The Dreyfus Corporation, established in 1951 and headquartered in New York City, is one of the nation’s leading mutual fund companies, managing approximately $182 billion in more than 200 mutual fund portfolios nationwide as of September 30, 2002. Dreyfus is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mellon Financial Corporation (NYSE: MEL), a global financial services company.
- GlaxoSmithKlein – GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company with a powerful combination of skills and resources that provides a platform for delivering strong growth in today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment. GSK’s mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
- Hispanic Federation – The Hispanic Federation’s mission is to build and strengthen community-based organizations which provide Latinos with a host of services, including immigration services, health care, economic development, job training, AIDS prevention, youth services, leadership development, and housing.
- The New York Mercantile Charitable Foundation – The New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc., is the world’s largest physical commodity futures exchange and the preeminent trading forum for energy and precious metals. The Exchange plays a vibrant role in the commercial, civic, and cultural life of New York. It provides thousands of jobs in the financial services and allied industries and, through the New York Mercantile Exchange Charitable Foundation, supports cultural and social service programs in the downtown community as well as broader charitable endeavors in the metropolitan area.
- Roche Pharmaceuticals – Roche discovers, develops, manufactures and markets numerous important prescription drugs that enhance people’s health, well-being and quality of life. For HCV treatment and information, please click on the above link.
- Schering-Plough – Schering-Plough is a worldwide pharmaceutical company comitted to discovering, developing and marketing new therapies and treatment programs that can improve people’s health and save lives. For HCV treatment and information, please click on the above link.
- United Way of New York City – The mission of United Way is to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities. United Ways across the country activate community resources to make the greatest possible human impact. The United Way system includes approximately 1,400 community-based United Way organizations. Each is independent, separately incorporated and governed by local volunteers.
- Univision 41
- American Liver Foundation – The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and cure of hepatitis and other liver diseases through research, education and advocacy on behalf of those at risk of or affected by liver disease.
- American Liver Society – The American Liver Society was founded by caregivers and patients to be a resource for other caregivers, patients, professionals and those that may become affected by a liver disease by providing them with useful information about the liver.
- Coalition on Donation – The Coalition on Donation is a not-for-profit alliance of national organizations and local coalitions across the United States that have joined forces to educate the public about organ and tissue donation, correcting misconceptions about donation and creating a greater willingness to donate.
- The FAIR Foundation – The FAIR Foundation was formed because of the inequities in research spending by Congress and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) that favor AIDS over all other diseases, including the sixteen diseases killing more Americans than AIDS. This site will demonstrate the need to reform the public policies used to determine funding distributions by the National Institutes of Health.
- Hepatitis C Awareness News – The Hepatitis C Awareness Project is an Oregon grassroots organization designed to increase the awareness of viral hepatitis and to help educate the community about HCV prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Hepatitis C Connection – A unique support system established in Denver in October 1995 to assist HepC-challenged individuals and their families.
- Hepatitis Magazine – Hepatitis is the only national magazine dedicated to patients of hepatitis B and C. The magazine is a bimonthly resource guide to assist hepatitis patients and their families in taking control of their health care by providing current, comprehensive information in one source. To assist hepatitis patients and their families in taking control of their own health care by providing current, comprehensive information in one source.
- La Salud Hispana – La Salud Hispana, Inc. is among the largest, oldest, and most trusted health care information resources for the largest and fastest-growing minority group in the United States – the Hispanic community.
- NATAP – Our mission is to educate individuals about HIV and Hepatitis treatments and to advocate on the behalf of all people living with HIV/AIDS and HCV. Our efforts in these areas are conducted on local, national, and international levels.
- National Hepatitis C Prison Coalition (Please see link for Hepatitis C Awareness News) – The National Hepatitis C Prison Coalition was formed to bring together organizations and individuals interested in raising awareness and providing support to prisoners who are suffering from hepatitis and HIV/HCV coinfection. Our goal is to help educate prisoners and advocate for better testing, treatment, and prevention of these diseases.
- National Alliance for Hispanic Health – The National Alliance for Hispanic Health is the oldest and largest network of health and human service providers servicing over 10 million Hispanic consumers throughout the U.S. Since 1973 we have grown from a small coalition of visionary mental health providers to a large, dynamic, and strong group of organizations and individuals.
- New York Organ Donor Network (NYODN) – The New York Organ Donor Network is dedicated to the recovery of suitable organs and tissue for people in need of transplants and to assure that families are offered the option of donation with respect and compassion.
- New York Organ Donor Registry – LIFE…PASS IT ON – Enroll in the New York State Organ and Tissue Donor Registry
- Veterans Aimed towards Awareness (VATA) – VATA is a not for profit organization who’s goal is to raise awareness on Hepatitis C and Diabetes to the Veterans.
- Hepatitis B Foundation The Hepatitis B Foundation is a national non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure and improving the quality of life of those affected by hepatitis B worldwide through research, education, and patient advocacy.