LOLA’s PRIVACY AND ETHICS POLICY
The Latino Organization for Liver Awareness (LOLA) understands how important the privacy of personal information is to our visitors and the organizations to which they belong. LOLA is committed to honoring
your privacy and to offering special protections for any personal health information you may share with us.
Information We Collect
- Our web site does invite you to become a site member. If you elect to do so, all the information you provide to us in the process of joining is held privately within the LOLA organization and is never shared with any outside organization or person. We have implemented procedures and other measures to protect the personal data we have under our control from unauthorized access and accidental loss. Should you wish to resign your site membership, please call 1-888-367-LOLA (5652) or send an email to [email protected] and your information will be removed.
- Our Web site also invites you to purchase LOLA’s educational brochures and videos relating to liver health. You may purchase two ways: 1) via fax; or 2) by email to [email protected].
- This site contains links to other non LOLA sites. We have chosen these sites carefully but cannot attest to their privacy practices or to the accuracy of their content.
How We Use Your Information
- We use site member information to periodically send email and/or conventionally mailed newsletters dealing with liver health and hepatitis education. If you do not wish to receive email or free periodicals from LOLA you may email us at [email protected], or call us at 1-888-367-5652.
- We also use information you share with us to provide you with physician specialist suggestions and to link you to a hepatitis patient support group nearest you . Any information you share with us to help us make recommendations of this nature is considered completely private and is never shared.
- We also may use our site member list to solicit donations to LOLA via email or U. S. Mail. If future solicitation are not wanted, the opt out procedures are as above.
- This site is intended for use by adults, not minors under 18. Minors aged 13-18 may only register for site membership with the express consent of their parent or guardian sent via email to [email protected] referencing the full name of the minor child. Minor children aged 12 and under may not register for site membership.